The automotive composites industry is to reach a valuation of US$ 8.3 billion in 2023. Future Market Insights reports say that the market is anticipated to expand at a 12.1% CAGR from 2023 to 2033. The Market is anticipated to reach US$ 26.1 billion by the end of 2033.
Manufacturers in the car sector are paying more and more attention to the strict laws that governments are enforcing on carbon emissions. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, the transportation industry is responsible for more than 29% of greenhouse gas emissions.
In order to reduce carbon emissions, the US government implemented stringent regulations that facilitated the development of lightweight automobiles. Utilising lightweight cars reduces the vehicle’s maintenance costs by increasing fuel economy and battery life. Because glass fibre composites and carbon fibre composites are high-quality materials with minimal labour and maintenance costs, their use has grown.
Request a Sample of this Report:
Launching advanced products provides various practical benefits, and at the same time affirms existing emission norms and other regulations in the market, which is going to thus help the market players in strengthening their presence in the global automotive composites market.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Sales of the automotive composites market expanded at a CAGR of 11.3% from 2018 to 2022.
- Automotive composites market reached a valuation of US$ 6.2 billion.
- Overall sales of automotive composites across the globe are projected to increase by 1.5x, registering year-on-year (YoY) growth of 5.10% in 2022.
- Automotive industry in Asia Pacific is said to hold a market share of 7.8%.
- Australia is said to expand at a CAGR of 4.5%.
- Automotive industry in India is witnessing significant expansion over the past half-decade contributing a market share of 6.89%.
- North America is expected to be the second most dominant automotive composites market holding a market share of 38.6%.
- The United States is estimated to hold a significant portion of North America’s market with a value share of 23.8%.
- China is estimated to witness strong growth in the automotive composites market, accounting for more than 19% of the market share.
- Glass fiber composites are estimated to hold a significant position in the market.
- Glass fiber composites segment is expected to account for a dominant market share of 49.8%.
- Passenger car contributes to an increase in sales in the automotive composites market.
- Passenger car segment is anticipated to witness significant growth with a market share of 62.8%.
- Exterior application holds a leading position in the market.
- Exterior segment is anticipated to witness dominant growth with a market share of 44.3%.
- Sales of thermoplastic resins lead to growth in the market.
- Thermoplastic resins are expected to raise the sales of the market with a value share of 36.1%.
Lack of technological advancements and low recyclability of composites acts as a major restraint to hinder the market growth”, comments a Future Market Insights Analyst.
Request for Customization:
Some of the prominent players in the global market are:
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Gurit Holding AG
- Solvay Group
- SGL Carbon SE
- Teijen Limited
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holding
- Owen Corning
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
- UFP Technologies Inc.
- Quantum Composites
Some of the important developments of the key players in the market are:
- In February 2023, Belgian chemicals group Solvay (SOLB.BR) forecasted lower earnings this year due to weaker demand from chemicals, coatings, and consumer markets, sending its shares down more than 3% even as it reported record profits for 2022.
- In May 2023, Belgian chemicals group Solvay reported higher-than-expected first-quarter results and lifted its full-year profit and cash outlooks, but lower volumes hit its shares.
Automotive Composites Market by Category
The global automotive composites market is segmented into five segments in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
- Glass Fiber Composites
- Natural Fiber Composites
- Carbon Fiber Composites
- Aramid Fiber Composites
Ask the Analyst:
- Power Train
- Engine Components
- Passenger Cars
- Straight Trucks
- Dump Trucks/Garbage Trucks
- Fire Trucks
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South East Asia & Pacific
Nikhil Kaitwade (Associate Vice President at Future Market Insights, Inc.) has over a decade of experience in market research and business consulting. He has successfully delivered 1500+ client assignments, predominantly in Automotive, Chemicals, Industrial Equipment, Oil & Gas, and Service industries.
His core competency circles around developing research methodology, creating a unique analysis framework, statistical data models for pricing analysis, competition mapping, and market feasibility analysis. His expertise also extends wide and beyond analysis, advising clients on identifying growth potential in established and niche market segments, investment/divestment decisions, and market entry decision-making.
Nikhil holds an MBA degree in Marketing and IT and a Graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Nikhil has authored several publications and quoted in journals like EMS Now, EPR Magazine, and EE Times.
About the Automotive Division at Future Market Insights
The automotive team at Future Market Insights offers expert analysis, time-efficient research, and strategic recommendations to provide authentic insights and accurate results to help clients worldwide. With a repertoire of over 100+ reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has been analyzing the industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides a brief analysis of key trends including competitive landscape, profit margin, and research development efforts.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer, Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube